Kit Storage: Keep your berries, glaze, and coconut milk in the fridge. Store the rest of the kit at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Mixed Berry Scones
What you'll need
A baking sheet
A mixing bowl
Parchment paper or silicone mat
Almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, maple syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, lemon juice, monk fruit/erythritol blend,, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
Almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, monk fruit/erythritol blend, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, coconut oil, coconut milk, lemon juice, ground flax, ground chia, xanthan gum, vanilla, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
Contains tree nuts
May contain peanuts, dairy*
*The ingredient manufacturers produce other products containing these ingredients in their facilities however none of these ingredients are added by Well Baked Box.
What's in the box?
- One container of dry ingredients
- One container of premade glaze
- Three containers of wet ingredients (coconut milk, coconut oil) and either maple syrup (standard) or lemon juice (keto).
- One container of mixed berries
|NUTRITION INFO (per Scone; g) 12 scones total||Standard 54g||Keto 53g|
1. Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. If your coconut oil is solid, melt in a warm water bath or transfer to a glass bowl and microwave for 20 sec.
3. Wash the berries. You can halve the raspberries and blackberries or leave them whole.
4.. STANDARD: To a large bowl add the coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup/lemon juice mix and one egg. Mix well.
KETO: To a large bowl add 3 tbsp of warm water, the coconut milk, coconut oil, lemon juice and one egg. Mix well.
5. Add the dry mix to the wet ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
6. Add the berries to the dough and gently mix to combine.
7. Scoop the dough out onto your baking sheet and press into a disc shape (7-8” circle and roughly 1.5 inches tall). If you find the dough too sticky, place it in the freezer for ~10 minutes.
8. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8-12 triangle wedges (If its too sticky, put the dough back in the freezer or wet your knife). Separate the wedges gently with the knife about 2” apart on the baking sheet.
9. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8-12 triangle wedges (If its too sticky, put the dough back in the freezer or wet your knife). Separate the wedges gently with the knife about 2” apart on the baking sheet.
10. Bake for 18-22 minutes (or until the edges turn slightly brown).
11.Let cool partially and drizzle the glaze on top of your scones.
Storage for your baked goods
Keep your scones in a closed container in the fridge or on the counter for up to 2 weeks, or airtight in the freezer for up to 2 months.