Store your kit in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Fruit-y Hand Pies
What you'll need
Parchment paper and/or a silicone mat.
Almond flour, tapioca flour, organic maple syrup, organic virgin coconut oil, monk fruit/erythritol blend, coconut milk, lemon juice, ground flax seeds, chia seeds, xanthan gum, vanilla, salt and raspberries/blueberries.
Contains tree nuts
May contain peanuts, dairy, gluten**
*The ingredient manufacturers produce other products containing these ingredients in their facilities however none of these ingredients are added by Well Baked Box.
What's in the box?
- One container of dry ingredients
- Two containers of wet ingredients
- Two containers of jam ingredients (wet and dry)
- One flag egg (add 3 tbsp water!)
- One container of strawberries or blueberries
- One container of glaze
|NUTRITION INFO (per pie, 8 total; g)||Standard (71g)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180C) and line baking sheet with parchment or silicone baking mat.
2. Add 3 tbsp of water to your flax egg and mix well to thicken.
Add dry ingredient mix to a mixing bowl, and add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and flax egg. Mix well until a sticky dough forms, fully combining with your hands.
5. Wrap the dough in parchment paper or a silicone mat and cool for 5 minutes in the fridge.
6. While the dough is setting in the fridge, make the jam - add your berries (blueberries shown!), jam dry, and jam wet to a saucepan, cook on low for 5 minutes, mashing the berries as you cook. Set aside and let cool.
7. Remove the dough from the fridge and place on your parchment or silicone mat, covering with a second piece of parchment
8. Roll out with a rolling pin between the parchment until ~1/4" thick, then cut rectangles about 2x4". If you want to keep it simple, use a large cup or small bowl to cut out circles for your hand pies!
9. Repeat the rolling and cutting with the scrap dough until you have none left. you should have between 16-24 rectangles depending on how big you like them.
10. Place a spoonful of jam onto half the rectangles, cover with the other halves, and crimp the edges with a fork. Finally, poke the tops of the pies several times with a fork to let the steam escape.
11. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges turn brown.
12. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet. Add the glaze to the tops!
Storage for your baked goods
Keep your hand pies in a closed container on the counter or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or airtight in the freezer for up to 2 months.