Store your kit in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Double Chocolate Hand Pies
What you'll need
Parchment paper and/or a silicone mat.
Almond flour, tapioca flour, organic maple syrup, organic virgin coconut oil, monk fruit/erythritol blend, ground flax seeds, chia seeds, xanthan gum, vanilla, salt.
Contains tree nuts, soy
May contain peanuts, dairy, gluten**
*The ingredient manufacturers produce other products containing these ingredients in their facilities however none of these ingredients are added by Well Baked Box.
What's in the box?
- One container of dry mix
- Three containers of wet ingredients (coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut milk)
- One container of flax egg (add 3 tbsp water!)
- One container of chocolate chips
- One container of chocolate frosting
|NUTRITION INFO (per pie, 10 total; g)||Standard (67g)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2.Melt your coconut oil in a warm water bath or transfer to a glass bowl and microwave for 20 seconds.
3. In a small bowl, add 6 tbsp of warm water to your double flax egg and mix well.
4. Add your flax egg, coconut oil, and maple syrup to a large mixing bowl and mix well.
5. Add the dry mix to the mixing bowl and combine until a dough forms.
6. Place the dough in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
7. Add the coconut milk and chocolate chips to a small saucepan on medium heat. Stir continuously until chocolate chips are just melted, then remove from heat. Place your filling in the fridge to firm up.
8. Take out your dough and roll between two pieces of parchment until about 1/4" thick. Cut out hand pie shapes in rectangles or circles using a cup/small bowl.
9. Transfer the cutout dough pieces to the baking sheet and place a scoop of filling into the middle of HALF of your cutouts, saving the others for the tops. You should have between 8-10 cutouts with filling.
10. Place the other half of your cutouts on top of your filled crusts and crimp the edges together with a fork.
11. Bake your hand pies for 13 minutes. Let cool before frosting. (If the frosting is too hard, microwave it 10 seconds at a time, stirring until its easily spread).
12. Spread your frosting over the hand pies and enjoy!
Storage for your baked goods
Keep your hand pies in a closed container on the counter or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or airtight in the freezer for up to 2 months.