Kit Storage: Store your apples and glaze in the fridge, and the rest of the kit in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Apple Hand Pies
What you'll need
Parchment paper and/or a silicone mat.
Almond flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, organic maple syrup, organic virgin coconut oil, monk fruit/erythritol blend, coconut milk, lemon juice, ground flax seeds, ground chia seeds, xanthan gum, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt and apples.
Contains tree nuts
May contain peanuts, dairy, gluten**
*The ingredient manufacturers produce other products containing these ingredients in their facilities however none of these ingredients are added by Well Baked Box.
What's in the box?
- One container of dry ingredients
- Three containers of wet ingredients (maple syrup, coconut oil, and maple-lemon mix)
- One container of jam dry
- One container of flax egg
- One container of glaze
- Two apples
|NUTRITION INFO (per pie, 10 total; g)||Standard (80 g)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
2. Melt your coconut oil in a warm water bath or transfer to a glass bowl and microwave in 20s intervals.
3. Add 4 tbsp of water to your flax egg and mix well.
4. Wash, peel, and finely chop your apples
5. In a large mixing bowl add dry mix, coconut oil, maple syrup, and flax egg. Mix well until a sticky dough forms, fully combining with your hands.
6. Wrap the dough in parchment paper or a silicone mat and let cool in the fridge for 5 minutes.
7. While the dough is setting, make the filling. Add the apples, jam dry, and maple-lemon mix to a saucepan on medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, then keep on low for 5 minutes.
8. Remove dough from the fridge and cover with a second piece of parchment paper.
9. Roll dough out between the between the parchment layers until ~1/8-1/4" thick. Cut your dough into rectangles (about 2x4") or make circles using a cup/small bowl.
10. Repeat rolling and cutting the scrap dough until you have none left.
11. Place a spoonful of jam onto HALF of the cutouts. place the other half of your cutouts on top of your filled cutouts and crimp the edges with a fork. Poke the tops of the pies with a fork to let the steam escape.
12. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the edges turn brown.
13. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet. Add the glaze to the tops!
13. Add the glaze to the tops, enjoy!
Storage for your baked goods
Keep your hand pies in a closed container on the counter or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or airtight in the freezer for up to 2 months.